GFWC Woman's Club of Fernandina Beach
Welcome to GFWC Woman's Club of Fernandina Beach
The Woman's Club of Fernandina Beach was organized in 1920 by twenty-seven ladies who met in the city library with the goal of doing everything possible to improve their city, educationally and physically. The Woman's Club of Fernandina Beach was born.
In January 1960, ground was broken for the new Club House on land which was donated by Mr. C. E Ward. The completed building is in a perfect location, three blocks from the beach, where it sits amongst large live oaks and colorful azaleas.
The Woman' s club of Fernandina Beach is a non profit 501(c) 3 organization and an affiliate of the General Federation of Woman's Clubs (GFWC). Our members do volunteer work in the local community and raise funds in support of women's health and the promotion of literacy and education. Some of the philanthropies supported by our organization are: